Thursday 23 April 2009

YSL Tribute.. Shoes after my Heart!

1st August 1936 - 1st June 2008



I love YSL! I remember when I was little playing dressing up in my mothers extensive designer.. stuff. And I will amways remember this YSL gold belt, absolutley lush! So when I heard that Yves Saint Laurent died last year during the summer, I was quite literally devestated. Then those tribute shoes came out, and I swear all the celebrites had a pair! I think that they were getting as popular as the Chanel quilted/chain bag, but this was a good thing, the tribute platforms are just superb, they make your feet sexy, and not all shoes can perform such thing (apart from Louboutins of course). Ive seen them everywhere and in different colours looking simply amazing!


The first time I saw a pair was on Mary-Kate Olsen. I can remember the outfit vividly. Tight leather trousers, oversized grey t-shirt and those shoes, I think both the sisters love them as much as I do because they're always seen in them!


The funniest thing of all is that the style of the shoes is not extra-ordinary, infact quite simple looking, but thinking about great pieces of fashion are usually never OTT, i.e. Hermes Birkin, Louboutins, clasic Chanel bags..


I was just going through the street style section in the ELLE website and I saw someone wearing them in eletric blue and my love for them just doubled again. The reason for this is that I usually see the shoes in patent black or natural brown, so it was a nice suprise to see it in a nice fun colour. To be honest I actually dont know why I havent bagged myself a pair.. or where they limited edition? Hmm.. I should know this lol. But if they aren't, then a pair will be coming very close to me soon..






- images from NYDailynews ©

No comments:

Post a Comment