Tuesday 21 April 2009

Matthew Willansom for H&M

Matthew Willamson


As we (fashionistas!) all know, Matthew Willamson is collaborating with H&M; and is known for his sexy prints and bold colours - which is bang in trend this summer. To be honest I was a bit sceptical as I truely believed that no designer could beat the Comme des Garcons collection (i loved the collection soo much I pratically bought every item!) but after seeing the MW collection in ELLE, internet, etc, I came to the conclusion that this will definately be a hit! Even more so, this will be Mr. Willamson's first attempt on menswear.. I'm sure this will be as big as are his womenswear and childrenswear collections!

On working with H&M, Willamson stated:

"It is an incredible opportunity to be working with H&M, creating a 'Matthew Williamson for H&M' capsule collection. I love the fact that H&M has created a new phenomenon in fashion through the pioneering concept of collaborating with high-end designers to create one-off limited edition capsule collections. I am thrilled that my creations for H&M will be accessible to and hopefully enjoyed by so many people around the world."


H&M has enjoyed success by collaborating with other top designers such as Roberto Cavalli, Valantino, Comme des Garcons with pieces selling out within hours around the world. However, Mathew Willamson's collection will run into mid-May 09! My birthday month, which I'm totally happy about!

Selected stores will be selling his pieces; in London these stores are:

H&M Bond Street


H&M Knightsbridge


H&M Brent Cross Shopping Centre


H&M Oxford Circus


H&M Regent Street


H&M High Street, Kensington

- information from www.hm.com/uk


I personally cant wait for the collection to officially open - 2 days! I have been going on the H&M website everyday and looking at his clothes, and they are beautiful. I have my eyes on..

I absolutely love this dress! The rich colour is elegant and chic to the very core! Personally I am not into bright colours; much more into the whole black/white look, but I really love this dress! However I would not wear it with the belt!



Okay so this is the first outfit I saw from the collection in the ELLE mags, and when I mean I fell in love.. I mean I fell in love! This is THE best maxi-dress I have seen so far and definately will have it! And the leather jacket.. ooh I dont know which one i love more! Ive been looking for an 80's reminiscent jacket, and this is so it!




Love this outfit, it screams me -well the blazer does anyways, and also if it was black lol- but anyways i love this because of its rich colour, just like the dress above. Im not sure if i will get the trousers (it really is to bright for me!) but i definately will get the blazer; I would wear it with a bodycon skirt and a simple tshirt, playsuit, ripper jeans.. the blazer is just so versatile!


Other pieces are - (I'm not so keen on these outfits, but I'll put them up anyways!)








- images from urbanbloc.com / juicy.mashkulture.net

No comments:

Post a Comment